This summer when we were visiting family Dale spotted this LARGE crate. He told his dad to save it for him. He thought I might like it and that we could do something cool with it.
This fall when my parents took their RV to Arthur they brought the crate to our house (I still did not know about it). They put it in the garage where I happened upon it. I was excited about all the possibilities. We talked about halving it and turning it into a table.... but it is really large. We talked about quartering it and making end tables and/or nightstands but I had other ideas for that. Dale ended up designing a TV stand. I was excited about that idea because ever since we got our new TV (back in February) it has been sitting on a set of industrial metal shelves from our basement.
So this weekend Dale decided to make it happen. He took the crate apart, redesigned it and added some stabilizers (because it is old).
AND it looks like this:
I love it! It looks very rustic. Dale ended up having to buy a package of screws so the sum total of this up-cycled TV stand was $5.00! We may add old casters to the base for height. We'll see...




1 comments:
this looks great!!!
Post a Comment