Saturday, December 24, 2011

festivities

Today we celebrated Christmas, just the 5 of us.  We started the morning off with our traditional belgium waffles.  I love making them and the kids love eating them!  It's one tradition we keep in place whenever we are home for the holidays.  Then we spent the morning preparing for our company.  For lunch I made shrimp scampi.  I love adding a "new" dish to the day.  My kids have decided that scampi is acceptable.  I tried a new recipe from Food Network and it was near perfect!

After lunch we dove into the presents.  I was so excited about the gifts we were giving the kids.  I found the perfect gifts for them.  They opened one present from us, 1 from each sibling and 1 from grandma and grandpa Swank.  I enjoy the simplicity of our gift giving tradition: 3 gifts.   Later tonight they will receive their "Christmas Eve" present (jammies) and tomorrow we will do stockings with the Swank family.

Currently Carsyn and Luke are assembling legos and Reagan is dancing with the wii.  We will top off the day with church and White Christmas.  Today has been fun.





Here is the belt I needlepointed for Dale for Christmas.  It is entirely too small.  Apparently, I have measuring problems.  I worked on it for a month and it's useless!!  This was my "low" for today....


post signature

1 comments:

christan perona said...

SOOOOOO sorry about the belt size. I grieve with you.