This weekend we were suppose to go camping. We cancelled our trip on Tuesday night because it was suppose to rain, rain, rain. And yes, it has rained and rained and rained!
Thursday we had a pizza/movie night while Reagan spent the night at her friend Sarah's house. FYI- those little girlies stayed up LATE and were up at 5:30 the next day!
Friday we went to Tae Kwon Do in the morning. Then in the afternoon the kids and I met friends at the movies to see African Cats by Disney Nature. It's "an epic true-life adventure". The kids really enjoyed it. They have been talking endlessly about Sita, Fang and Kali- a few of the main characters. Dale had to stay home and work. In the evening Karlee came over and Dale and I went out to dinner. We were eating and the weather turned nasty. The restaurant had the weather on tv and all of a sudden we saw tons of red crossing the map. We got a text from Karlee that said the sirens were going and they were hanging out in the basement but everyone was fine (just nervous). We decided to eat and go home (well.... after a quick stop at Sams). At 10:30 all was calm so we went to bed. The next morning we found out there was mass devastation minutes from our house. The airport was even shut down because of severe damage. We were so fortunate to be safe!
Saturday we spent the day at home. I got a bee in my bonnet and cleaned out the basement. I threw away so much junk, boxed up stuff for Ditto (a new resale shop opening in late summer!) and reorganized. By 2:00 I had yet to get out of my pj's! Dale worked all day welding a box for our generator. The kids played out in the rain and "helped" me a bit. We ended up having an impromptu dinner (of delicious fish tacos) at our friends, the Mohlers. Another thunderstorm was coming so we put the kids to bed at 7:30. We needed a FULL night's sleep. They were out in minutes!


Today we went to first service at church. I love the worship on Easter! When we got home we made resurrection rolls (idea from Christan). They didn't exactly turn out - there was still a bit of marshmallow inside. My kids we ok with it. Luke said, "It's ok mom. Jesus left his burial clothes when he rose from the dead. That's what this is." :) We had an Easter egg hunt in the house because everything is WET. Then we had a delicious lunch of grilled ham, asparagus and roasted potatoes. We hung out the rest of the day. The kids played. I made the invitations for our annual crab boil. Dale worked outside again. It was a good day. The kids were asleep by 7:30. Dale and I chilled out and watched a few episodes of How I Met Your Mother.
The rolls...


the invites...
We had a great weekend at home and we were SO GLAD we didn't go camping!
0 comments:
Post a Comment