Last week we had parent-teacher conferences. Even though it is a bit of a hassle to schedule 3 conferences (which are never back to back) I truly enjoy meeting with the teachers. I love knowing how my children are fairing in the classroom. This is their life, in the here and now- how are the conducting themselves, what are they learning, how is it all playing out?
Each time we have a conference I always walk away feeling very content. So many things impress me about the interaction (even if I am not 100% happy with my child's progress). The first thing that impresses me each time we begin is that the teacher opens in prayer. They pray for my child, his/her strengths and focus for the remainder of the year. We have chosen christian education because we feel it is important for our children to know who God is and what his world is all about- the biblical world view. He is the foundation that everything rests upon. Starting a conference in prayer reminds me of our reasons for christian education.
The second gold star is handed out because the teachers (at least for my kids) know, really know, my children:
The second gold star is handed out because the teachers (at least for my kids) know, really know, my children:
Ms. B knows that Carsyn is diligent, hard working and caring. But she struggles with spelling so Ms. B has worked with her (and me) to help C have success. Carsyn did not start the year out loving to read either. The tide is turning so Ms. B has been encouraging her to read, read, read.
Mrs. K understands Luke. She knows he is smart, he is great at math, he can read on a 3rd grade level but that he doesn't like to read all that much. He is also shy but he likes to be silly with his BF, Briggs.
Oh and there's my sweet Reagan girl. She came to school late this year (not until November). Mrs. H saw from the beginning how special R is and has been helping her to love school work and showing her how to read the words in a book instead of making up a "more interesting story". We have come a long way and Mrs. H has identified ways we can encourage R at home.
I am so grateful for these 3 wonderful teachers. They have loved my children, taught them endless knowledge and been good examples of what Godly women should be. I can ask for no less...



1 comments:
Amy this is wonderful!!!
I am so excited and happy for you and the littles! I think you are doing great in the mom world too.
Post a Comment