Today was day 2 for Beth and I in hand gun 1 (or basic). We began the day shooting a 22 (same gun we shot all day yesterday). Then Tim wanted us to use our own 9mm for a couple of rounds.... just to see what it was like. They are much harder to handle so originally we had opted to use the 22. After shooting several rounds (20) we got use to them and finished out the day knockin' down the bad guys with a 9.
It definitely was an intense day. We did lots of drills but then moved from stationary shooting to moving and shooting. WOW- very different. It took a bit to get use to it but we did great! Beth and I were feeling pretty confident. Well, you know the old saying... pride goeth before a fall... Well, we walked over to see what the guys were up to and found out that Dale and Darrell kicked some major bad guy be-hind!! They were AMAZING!! I'm not sure about Beth but I felt a little foolish. Anywhoo... I just chalked it up to more experience and went about my day shooting more bad guys...
The ball and dummy drill: Tim changes the magazine while I look straight ahead. It may or may not have a round in it. I have to work through whatever happens.
Ummmm. yeah. I hit 17 out of 25 rounds in the center square. :)
Tim and Erika- 2 of our wonderful instructors.
John, me, Tim and Erika taking a long story-telling break.
BTW- we ended up kicking it up a notch and passed thru basic and intermediate! We are rock stars!!
2 comments:
You now scare and intimidate me.
My husband is thoroughly impressed by this. In fact, this is what he wants to do for our ten year anniversary this summer.
Post a Comment