Wednesday, May 20, 2009

trying new things

So I saw a tutorial for a superhero cape and thought, "That looks easy. Even I could do it!" Reagan had been invited to attend Henry's birthday party (and he LOVES to dress up) so "we" decided to make him one. R and I picked out cool fabric and even decided to applique an "H" on it. Can't be that hard right?!? The day before the party I began the task. First I had to make the pattern (based on my own measuring). That took longer than I thought! Next I laid out the too small pattern on the fabric and cut the supposedly right size for the cape. Oops the top was too short. I added fabric to extend the top. Then I cut out the H and fused it on (sort of). Fnally I sewed it all together. Sounds easier then I let on. I began the task on Monday and finished at 5:45 the next morning. Obviously there were breaks in between! The cape was a hit! Reagan wants one of her own. We'll see....

it's reversible too- shimmery stars are on the back!

2 comments:

The Wagners said...

Looks great! R needs one too!

Darrell said...

awesome job!