Tuesday, May 12, 2009

reality

Ok. So I designated Monday as our "unplug" day. I almost didn't participate because we don't watch much tv as it is (about 2 hours a week- TOPS). The kids don't play on the computer much either (that's my job). So really what's the difference?! None-the-less we did it. I must say it was NOT the day to unplug. Reagan had a treacherous day (her strong will was in full force) and I had no leverage. Well it wasn't so much the leverage as when the confrontation was over (one hour later) I needed some time to myself- hiding in a dark corner crying or eating Ben and Jerry's.

We survived the day though.

playing pirates in my tub...

our caterpillar habitat...

Reagan found a rock and carried it around all afternoon- playing with it, loving on it, putting her tiny animals on it. At dinner time I found it on the counter and discovered it was not a rock. It was a BONE. A nasty, chewed on, old bone. I about threw up! It immediately "disappeared" never to be seen again! Except in pictures (to remind myself to ALWAYS check to see what "treasures" she finds!) I won't even go into the details of the place she found it- it makes me think... hmmm.. what kind of bone is it????

4 comments:

Jodie Allen said...

that still makes me laugh out loud! I can't believe that thing was a bone!!!

Dee said...

hmm, possibly Roman's leg?? lol, sorry i couldn't resist! :)

Verna said...

I'm half laughing, then asking what kind of bone is it? Should we be calling CSI to investigate?
Is it human?

Have a great day.

Darrell said...

I have to agree with Dee...that was my first thought...:)