Tuesday, August 3, 2010

summer

Obviously this summer has been a bit of a struggle in the blogging department. Not sure why but my desire to blog is next to zero. We have had a fantastic summer! We have traveled, seen family, did projects around the house, read good books. All blog worthy things. Yet my posts remain empty. There are things I want to remember. Like....

Dale built a small pond in our backyard with heron's that "spit" water (that we got in Florida).

Luke and his friend Sam went to the City Museum with Dale and then to Fitz's.

Carsyn and I went to see Ramona and Beezus (with Lucy and Melanie).

Reagan and I went to see Ramona and Beezus.

Reagan is learning to ride a 2 wheeler!

The kids are all at swim camp this week.

The kids stayed at their grandparents for 3 days- Dale and I had some time to ourselves :)

We had the Smouts over for homemade ice cream (it is officially a yearly event).

I had a garage sale. The last one we did was 10 years ago. Now I can wait another 10 years before having another one! YEA!!

My friend Susan got married!

I went to see Cats at the Muny :)

I read Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollen- we have now changed our eating habits.
(You should read it.)

I saw Eclipse with the girls (Susan and Michelle). :)

Dale's hips are feeling so much better!!!! FINALLY!!
It's been a LONG road (3.3 years to be exact). :)

I took approximately 1,600 pictures in the last 8 weeks and have no desire to blog any of them!

The kids are growing fast. Reagan is getting so tall! She and Luke both weigh 43 lbs. It makes me laugh that they are the same. It makes Luke mad that his baby sister is the same as him. I think technically she is .5 lbs heavier. But I haven't told him that.

We are starting our home schooling after Labor Day. I am very excited but have not put as much time into it as I thought I would. It's kindergarten. I have a general sketch- we'll be ok.

I had a pedicure in June and one in July. Anyone want to continue this trend with me?



OK..... now I am just rambling. Time to get something done. Hopefully I will start blogging for real. soon....


post signature

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Me me! I want the pedicure tradition to continue!

Sara D. said...

I feel the same way...blogging this summer has been a lot of going through the motions. I think I've been so busy and tired, that I can barely form a sentence.