Today was the first day of school for Carsyn and Luke.
Mama was a bit nervous/sad/queasy though. I have been that way since I was a little girl- change is not always easy for me. I know this school year will be great it's just that they are growing so fast! I feel like each school year brings them closer to the teenage years which brings them closer to adulthood. Which I KNOW will be great BUT... have they learned how to behave in public, or listen to authority, or to love others well, or to follow Jesus no matter what, or to pick up their stuff, or to not park by white vans with no windows, or only to buy Schnucks ice cream????? What if they don't KNOW!!!
These are the times that I struggle the most with... when we are staring the in face of change. I know deep down my kids are in God's hands and he loves them and is looking out for them. I know I can't be there with them forever. If I do my "job" then God will do his. Even if I don't do my job, he will do his! Thank goodness.
So, I guess... here's to a great year of first and third grade!

carsyn and max...
my son is a full day friend now.... :(
his first grade class...
Science
8 years ago
3 comments:
Ah, yes. I loved your line "even if I don't do my job, He will do His." So very true.
i didn't know about the white van with no windows..only the black one...thanks for the heads up! :)
and then one day they get there learners permit and you don't get to drive anymore :( I so hear what your saying. I am freaked out that we only have 3 more years with Alysha before she is off to college...sigh, really dislike!
Post a Comment