Twice a year I participate in a Childrens Clothing Sale (CCS). I donate a few items, volunteer a few shifts and shop for kids clothes all in the span of 48 hours. Thursday Michelle and I volunteered for the shift when you receive and tag clothes donors bring in (I am not going to explain the logistics of the sale so hopefully you will understand the story). So were talking, laughing, tagging, eating, putting clothes out etc. As I am tagging I find the CUTEST pants you have ever seen! They are bright, bold, colorful, have plenty of pink, knit and they are hanna anderssons. SWEET!! Reagan would LOVE these. Even if she didn't I would make her wear them (yeah right).
So I make a mental note to find these pants first when I shop. Now realize 2 things: 1. there is a heirarchy at the CCS: committee members, volunteers, donors and the general public- there are shopping time slots for each group in that order (note: I am a volunteer/member). 2. women are a bit fanatical at this sale (well, in general). After my volunteer shift ended (way far out in the deep recesses of West County) I cruise home and crash into bed. I fall asleep only to wake 7 times in the night with DREAMS of these crazy pants. I am not sleeping because of a pair of pants and there is NOTHING I can do about it!!! UGH.
It's Friday now. I get to shop at 4:00. I drop the kids off to Dale and head down the long stretch of Manchester Rd. I get to the sale early, 3:25 to be exact. There are 3 women IN LINE ahead of me and 10 committee members rolling out hanging carts FULL of kids clothes to their cars. I do a quick scan of the passing clothes - don't see the pants. There's hope. Yahoo! Doors open at 4:00- women rush in, I go for the 4T isle and search, and search, and search for these crazy pants- and they ARE NOT THERE!. OK, so it's not meant to be. They're just pants. God is teaching me a lesson here. Right?!? Don't be obsessed with material things- focus my energies on HIM. Got it! No pants, no big deal (mostly)
So i go thru the clothes and pick out things I think we need and as I am flipping thru the dresses I spot the PANTS. HOLY COW!! So cool. Not exactly sure the lesson here. Still think I should not be obsessed by things but how do I force my mind to do that?!? I have to process that while I watch R play in her cool new pants!! I know- I'm crazy. Knew it already.....
BTW: she LOVES the pants. She would wear them every day if I would let her and I just might! oh and they are MUCH cuter in person!
they are great for jumping:
and posing:
Science
8 years ago
4 comments:
Totally cute pants!
LOL-i laughed so hard at this post, b/c i totally understand trying to find stuff at those sales!!! :) CUTE pants! and they will also go with her 'favorite shirt' :)
Absolutely love the pants and loved hanging out with you!
cute story!
Post a Comment