2 years ago today Dale ran his last marathon- not only that but he ran for the last time. I think it will always be a little bit of a sad day. 2 hip surgeries later and still no chance of running again- a result of this broken world. There will be marathons in heaven for Dale.....
He really enjoyed running Boston. However it was FREEZING, raining and windy!! I believe they call it a Nor'easter...
Notice we are wearing custom fit trash bags. What you don't see is the long underwear, 2 layers of clothing, and a winter coat underneath our fine black outer layer.
He made it!! He is holding his arms up at the finish line- we are SO PROUD! (especially since he was running on a serious injury.) 
finished! We got to shed the trash bags :)
It was truly a tremendous experience for all of us. Being there and watching him accomplish his goal of running Boston- amazing!
Science
8 years ago
3 comments:
YAH!!! such fun and what an accomplishment!! 6 in '06! :) we thought about it being today too, man it was cold! such fun!! :)
Loved the pics from Boston -- AMAZING to run a marathon and even more so to run injured. I think once it is in your blood it is hard to stop. Love the thought of marathons in heaven -- at least for Dale. I'm thinking I'm going to get my running done on earth and have a more relaxing heaven! :)
First of all, knowing what it takes to qualify for Boston...I am amazed. And on top of that to be injured. WOW. I am ready to die after 13 miles, w/ no injuries!!!!!
Post a Comment