Toady is Father's Day. Not sure why but more often throughout the year I should reflect on how much my dad means to me. How he has helped shape me into the person I am today.
As I was growing up my dad worked long hours. He worked very hard in the world of construction. His dad owned a construction company when he was growing up. He worked side-by-side with his father even at a very young age. He knows about work ethic. Even though he worked hard during the week he always made time for family on the weekends. We rode bikes a lot- all 5 of us. We went to parks- he took pictures. We hung out at Grandma's on Sunday afternoon for "Sunday dinner". We always had family time on the weekends.
During the week we also did AWANA together. My parent were leaders and my sister, brother and I were clubbers. Additionally my dad thought it was important to be involved in church. To engage in our community. We went Sunday morning, Sunday night and Wednesday night. My parents worked tirelessly in the kitchen serving others. It was important to our family.
As I raise my children I want them to see how important these values are: family, church, serving others, work ethic. Thanks dad for showing me what they look like...
Science
8 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment