Yesterday morning was Reagan's first day of kindergarten. She was very nervous. After many prayers and lots of last minute hugs we set off for school. We went a bit early so she could look through her classroom and get settled before her friends arrived. She was a bit shy but did not do her usual clingy bit. Mrs. H welcomed Reagan and showed her where to put her backpack and lunch. She also showed Reagan to her seat. One of her table mates is Grayson. She was very pleased to have a friendly face to sit next to. After we got comfortable we still had some time so we went to the front and sat on our usual bench. We had a few hugs and a visit from Annie who helped cheer our morning. When it was time I walked Reagan to her class. She sat in her seat and we gave our usual 3 hugs and 3 kisses (2x). Grayson said, "Hey! We do that too. Well, we used too." We shared a giggle then Reagan said goodbye and that was it.
I left the room with tears of happiness and sadness. I am so happy that Reagan is at CCS AND that she made a smooth 1st day transition. I was/am sad because my sweet girl is not by my side every day. I have a new road to travel down. Change is not always easy but this particular one is for our good.
Thanks to many of my friends who called, sent messages or gave me a hug (and distracted me with exercise!). It was soothing to my soul.
God is good, all the time!
When I picked Reagan up she bounced all the way to the car. She said, "Mom, can I go full day?" I said, "Why would you want to do that?" She replied, "I want to have PE with Mr. Klyn. Only full day friends get to have PE."
She loves it and I am thankful!
BTW- she is NOT going full day.... :)
Science
8 years ago
1 comments:
YaHOOO!! glad it went well.
Post a Comment