Tuesday, October 6, 2009

pears

A few weeks ago we harvested a load of pears off our tree in the back yard. They were not ready to eat (or can) so we laid them out in our pantry. This weekend they ripened and we "discussed" the canning process (meaning we read a book and batted around the idea). Today Dale's parents drove down for the afternoon and we canned 21 quarts of pears (well, a few are pints).

I would love to say it was fun but those of you who know me know I would be lying. It was a tolerable experience. I am glad we have a canned bounty grown in our own backyard. I am equally glad we have family willing to help where I fall short!

L helping grandma...

here's my part... i know you are impressed...

r helping grandpa...

the bounty...

4 comments:

Lisa S. said...

Oh I love your family and all you can do! Sam loves pears.

Verna said...

You have good help. And it is so nice that they are able to help and that you can learn how to do those things.

And your portion of that job is very important too.

Enjoy those pears when the snow flys.

Darrell said...

that's a big job!

The Wagners said...

yum!