Thursday, October 29, 2009

baseball widsom

On the way to school this morning we heard on the radio that the (arrogant) Yankees lost the first game of the series last night. Naturally we were cheering. Jordan (our carpool friend) said, "You don't like the Yankees?" Such a silly question- my sweet, naive little Cardinal's fan. I was about to launch into my Yankees speech when Reagan pipes in...

"We don't like the Yankees. They have the most money of any baseball team and can buy whoever they want and it's just not fair!"

Then Luke adds...

"If the Yankees were playing the Cardinals we would definitely cheer for the Cardinals!"

Apparently "our" disdain runs deep.

4 comments:

Dee said...

LOL-love it! :)

thewalseths said...

That's awesome. That's what my dad told us every fall growing up as well. I will teach my boys the same! They may even cheer for the Cubs if they are playing the Yankees.....maybe....

Darrell said...

ahhhh kids, you gotta love their opinion, or at least what they hear from their parents :) good stuff!

the swanks said...

I guess the song ,"Oh be careful little mouth what you say " is appropriate