Wednesday, December 17, 2008

ornaments

A few weeks ago I purchased glass balls and acrylic paint from a craft store so that we could make Christmas ornaments. I figured it would be fun to do over break but as I was reading Jodie's blog I realized that because of the drying time we needed to get on the ball (HA! I make myself laugh!) So tonight we began this project- which is surprisingly NOT messy. The kids squirted paint into the balls and rolled, shook and jumped til the paint covered the inside. They loved choosing the colors and watching them mix. Now we have to wait (and wait and wait) for them to dry. They did an awesome job (ALL BY THEMSELVES!). It was another fun craft!
"american ornament"...

she is very serious about everything she does...

pink of course...

1st 2 are Reagan's, 2nd are Luke's, then Carsyn's...

they are MUCH cuter in person!

3 comments:

Dee said...

great fun! :)

Lisa S. said...

I made 150+ ornaments like those as wedding favors for our wedding. You are right they take a long time to dry. I think I turned mine all upside down to dry to drip out all the excess paint. Great fun!

Jodie Allen said...

Ours are STILL wet!