Tuesday, January 11, 2011

snow day

Today started out with the 5:58am call that school was canceled. Dale was already up and half way ready for school. He climbed back into bed and we slept til the kids crawled out of bed at 7:00. By 9:00 we had started a game of Monopoloy, eaten breakfast and were headed out the door to play in the SNOW!!!


The kids were excited...
Dale is riding our new luge sled...




Luke hit the fence several times :)

Dale carrying more wood up to the house....


I love snow days!

post signature

3 comments:

Melanie said...

ME TOO!

Sara D. said...

I am SOOOOO glad we have a snow day. Wish they would have just called it last night, and not at 6 a.m. Just sayin.

Also! I wanted to get that sled for the kids for Christmas--looks like it's good and manageable for them. However, I decided not to because its always tricky to guess how much snow we are going to get in a winter season. And of course, this has been the best sledding year yet. With a white Christmas even, so it would have been the BEST PRESENT EVER. My instincts were wrong, go figure.

Belinda said...

We never get snow days! We got a lot today - but somehow I think no amount is ever that much to call off school! :)