Oh how happy I am that a new year has begun. I have no complaints... 2010 was a great year:
Carsyn, Luke and Reagan had a successful finish to 2nd, kindergarten and junior kindergarten.
We traveled extensively over the summer on our first of many journeys in our new rig (which, I might add, is paid for) :) We went to Atlanta and visited friends. We went to the Georgia Aquarium too. We then headed to Florida to camp on the beach. There we spent 2 full days at the Kennedy Space Center. The kids LOVED every minute of that adventure. Next we headed to Sarasota for a little r&r in "our" house (where I did tons of laundry). Then we were off to Sanibel Island. SO FUN (we WILL be returning)! We went back to Sarasota before heading to a tiny boating town called Cedar Key- Dale would move there in a heart-beat! On our way back home we stopped for a taste of NOLA. We stayed 4 days. Our favorite stop on the trip was the WWII Museum. It's a must see!!
We finished off summer in the Lou with swim camp and relaxing.
We celebrated Dale's grandma's 90th birthday!
Dale started his 10th year at Westminster.
Carsyn and Luke started 3rd and 1st grade at CCS.
I began my homeschool journey with my eager kindergartner. 2 months later she enrolled at CCS and our journey ended. It was the most difficult time for me as a mom and a teacher. I felt like I failed and yet I knew that I didn't. Too difficult to explain...
Fall and the start of winter has been great too (although I wish I lived in Florida!)
I think the highlight of our year was that Dale has finally reached a point (this fall) where he is pain free. Man have we been through the ringer! Since April 2007 Dale has had severe hip pain. We have been through 2 extensive surgeries and lots of rehab. And FINALLY he can say that he is pain free!! About every week or so we just shake our heads and thank God because we never thought this day would come.
So as you can see, 2010 was a good year.
I am looking forward to 2011...
On my list:
reading more
taking a class (or 2)
getting a conceal-carry license :)
visiting the North West: Badlands, Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone
and that's it for now.
I hope your 2011 is all that you want it to be....
Saturday, January 1, 2011
1.1.11
Posted by amy at 11:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
So happy for Dale's health. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment