Sometimes I think of a post that is specifically for my future children- even though this whole blog is really for them. "Future children" meaning, in 25 years when they are grown. Hopefully they will look back over this blog (even tho "blog" won't be thing in 25 years) because they want to remember what life was like when they were kids, what their parents were like AND they want to see if it meshes with their memories. Who knows?! Maybe Dale and I won't be around. There are things I want them to know.
Which leads me to this post.
I am a firm believer in celebrations. I love to have a party, to give gifts, and celebrate the joys of life. Right now Dale and I are off on a week long celebration of first 15 years of marriage - while the kids are hanging out with grandma and grandpa. The last time we went away sans-kids was at our 10 year anniversary. Back then we both said, "We should do this every year, even if it's just for the weekend." And we set our minds to it.
Ummm. This is our first trip alone in 5 years. I am sad that we don't go away more often. Don't get me wrong, we love being with our sweet kids each and every day. AND taking really great vacations with them along for the journey. I just think it is SO important to celebrate your marriage with a get-a-way each and every year. Big or small. But it has to be away. If we were at home right now Dale would be working on the play cave all day long (and or me kitchen). I would be cleaning and purging (since the kids are not around to witness) and painting. We would fall asleep at 9:00 from exhausting work and then wonder where the time went.
Not so if you go away.
So, Carsyn, Luke and Reagan- our advice to you is to save a bit of money here and there all year long so you and your spouse can celebrate by going away at the time of your anniversary. Especially after you have kids of your own. If we are around we would love to babysit!
0 comments:
Post a Comment