Sunday, November 23, 2008

weekend update

We had a busy weekend. Friday we let the kids lead the way. Saturday morning we slept in, went to Barnes and Noble and napped. Grandma and Grandpa Swank came over in the afternoon and Dale and I went out to finish up our Christmas shopping. It was BUSY out there. At 6:00 we met Craig and Sarah for a little Dos Primos (new location same delicious food) and then went go karting. My competitive spirit came out- according to Dale, Sarah and Craig they beat me BUT if they recall correctly I was ONE LAP AHEAD when they finished..... We had such a great time- no matter who won! Today we went to church, then Dale and the kids worked outside- there was leaves to rake, gutters to clean and Christmas lights to put up. We relaxed this evening and Dale did a little bowling- so he doesn't loose his edge. Tomorrow is the big day. We have to be at the hospital at 9:00. The surgery will be about 45 minutes later. If you think of it pray for Dale. Day 1 is morphine filled but then they take it away and the "fun" begins....

I'll post pictures tomorrow.

1 comments:

Lisa S. said...

I have been praying for Dale all day. I was hoping to find an update on the blog. I am sure you will when you are able and I will keep praying.